Friday, November 18, 2011

What did Abby Sign to Eric at the end of Random on Purpose NCIS Los Angeles?

Was wondering what she signed to him if anyone knew and happened to watch the episode hope her and eric don't get together|||This isn't word for word, but what Abby signed was that she could hear construction noises near where she was being kept and that the door was wired to a bomb.|||we know what she signed on the video the question is what did she sign at the end of the show|||You will have to forgive me as it has been over 8 years since I studied ASL in school and I haven't kept up, but here goes and please correct me if I'm wrong - parts in parenthesis are where I'm unsure:





Abby: You know sign language?


Eric: (I'd better I grew up deaf.)


Abby: Thank you (???)|||i want to know too!


anything more specific?|||It seemed kind of like they were flirting to me. I used to speak sign language and picked up just a tiny bit. but the body language seemed like what i said before, flirting at least a little bit. But i was wondering the same thing and that is reason that i'm here hoping to find answers.|||OK, I sign a little.





She says: Know sign?


He does a sign near his chin meaning how old. I think he then signs "7." This is partially off-screen. Then he moves an R-handshape down waist high and circles it. I don't know the meaning of this, or if it's not supposed to have meaning and is just the affectation of a hearing actor. Then he signs "raised" and then "deaf." So it looks like all in all he says: 7 year old raised [as] deaf me.


She appears to respond: 1 year old me.





And that's it. They hug and so on.





This clearly wasn't filmed to emphasize the signing -- probably meaning they don't do it very well. Also, if she was raised by deaf parents, I don't see why she wouldn't sign "newborn" or something similar, but she clearly doesn't.|||from my poor understanding


Abby: Know Sign


Eric: Since I was a boy


then abby runs off to tell gibbs shes ok,


and then eric signs gotta go.


I could be wrong, im picking it up rather haphazardly....|||Not sure - the signs were not very clear and not very accurate.





I think, maybe they signed.....





Abby: KNOW KNOW SIGN - meaning - How do you know sign?


ERIC ? ? GREW-UP DEAF ( I thought maybe AGE 7 FRIEND ??) Meaning - ??? When I was 7 I had a deaf friend. We grew up together. ???? not sure.


ABBY: GOOD FOR ME ( I think)





The two of them definitely do not know ASL.





I would be curious to know what they were supposed to be signing.|||Here's what I got from it, but as others have said, neither of them were being very clear.





Abby: So, you know sign language.


Eric: I better. __________ grew up deaf. (This might have been an R name sign, I can't figure it out otherwise)


Abby: Lucky for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment